Passport Department

Why Choose Us?

Fast Turnaround - Same Day Service Available
Fast and Secure Delivery of Documents
Experience - Over 20 Years of Passport Expediting

Identification Requirements

July 23, 2024 3:55 PM

Find out which forms of ID will work for you:

If your current, valid Driver's License or state issued ID has been recently issued within the last 6 months, or is unavailable you must provide photocopies of alternate proof of identification. Accepted forms of identity are listed below.

  • Submit at least 1 primary and 5 secondary items from the list below.
  • If no Primary ID items are available, submit at least 7 of the secondary ID's.
  • If only submitting Secondary ID items, each should be over 1 year old.
  • You must send backup ID with your other application materials even if an Acceptance Agent says they are not required.

Make sure photocopies of the following proof of identification are very clear.

Primary ID

  • Driver's License (valid, expired or suspended)
  • Federal, State or Municipal identification card with photo
  • State ID card
  • Military ID with photo
  • Pilot's License with photo
  • Passport with photo - expired ok (foreign or domestic)
  • Employment identification card with photo
  • Current Student identification card with photo
  • INS Alien Registration Card (green card)

Secondary ID

  • Copy of School Yearbook page with photograph with name
  • Student identification card with photo (expired ok)
  • School transcripts
  • High School Diploma
  • Trade School Diploma
  • College School Diplomas
  • Technical school certificate
  • Military records (DD214)/Honorable discharge certificate
  • Selective Service registration/Classification
  • Union membership cards
  • Professional license (nurse, pilot, beautician, mechanic, etc.)
  • Medicare or health insurance cards
  • Medical Records
  • Welfare card
  • Marriage certificates and licenses
  • Divorce Decrees
  • Insurance cards
  • Insurance Records
  • Baptismal certificate
  • Voter's registration card
  • Income tax records and/or
    • W-2 forms over 1 year
    • Pay stubs
    • Banking statements and/or records over 1 year
  • Newspaper articles or publicity features about you
  • Social Security card
  • Credit cards (for security, cross out account number)
  • Utility bills over 1 year
  • Leasing/Mortgage documents
  • Vehicle registration or Title
  • Birth certificates of children listing your name as parent

Additionally, a person can vouch for the applicant. This person must have known the applicant for at least 2 years, be a US citizen or permanent resident and have a valid ID. They will need to accompany the applicant to the passport acceptance facility and complete a form DS-71 in front of the agent. The passport applicant must have some form of signature ID, such as a Social Security Card, credit card, bank card or library card. Please Note: The DS-71 can be used as additional documentation but DOES NOT constitute proof of ID alone. Click here to get the form.